A Tech-filled K-pop and Art Festival Rocks Seoul
S.M. Entertainment, which represents K-pop favorites like BoA, Shinee, Girls Generation and more, will hold the S.M.ART EXHIBITION at southern Seoul’s COEX exhibition center from August 10 to 19.
According to the Korea Herald, it is the first interactive entertainment exhibition in the world and will showcase “various types of entertainment content” through art and cutting-edge technology.
S.M. Entertainment has teamed up with several domestic and global companies, including Samsung, Hyundai, Canon and Visa, to put this exhibition together.
Tickets are 25,000 or 85,000 KRW. For that money, the S.M.ART EXHIBITION has a lot going on. The programs and shows include:
Photo Credit: The Korea Herald
* “Fantasy Tree,” a 13-meter high circular installation with 55 Samsung LED screens that feature S.M. Town artists performing in virtual space.
* A media show with Hyundai Motors using projection mapping technology.
* A performance by Shinee with live holograms.
* One lucky visitor will be selected each day for a real-time video chat with an SM Town artist. (the artist changes daily)
* S.M.ART Gallery with Gana Art & Seoul Auction
The SMTOWN Live World Tour III will also take place on August 18th, just before the exhibit ends.
For those of you who love both K-pop and technology, these events sound like they aren’t to be missed!
Below are two clips of SM artists promoting the S.M.ART EXHIBITION (no English subtitles).